Author Topic: 2011 Values and Prices  (Read 14932 times)

NYKenn

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot
    • View Profile
    • The Firing Line
2011 Values and Prices
« on: January 04, 2011, 07:07:09 pm »
I plan on continuing same for 2011 as in the past from listings on Ebay, Auction Arms, Gunbroker, other sources, etc.
I apologize in advance in that I may miss a few.

Note that the information is subjective. It is based on my impression from listing description and photos that may be provided.
I received one critical e-mail from a seller who reads this forum, stating that I did not represent his machine accurately, and should refrain from making comments about something I did not have opportunity to see in person.
I politely replied that what is written is subjective, and is only my opinion. I also noted the comments are listed well after the auctions close, so the results are not impacted by what I may write. I also avoid lilting seller names so as not to offend anyone.

If anyone has any comments or thoughts on what I should do to make this information more useful, please let me know. I may or may not do it, but will take any suggestions and consider them.

Happy New Year!
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

varmintpopper

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Values and Prices
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 05:10:56 pm »
NYkenn
I suggest You continue without change,  I look forward to reading Your updates as it contains good info, and I'm sure Others would agree.  So as far as I'm concerned,,, continue to march.

Good Shooting

Lindy

rangedog

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 08:15:06 am »
I appreciate the time you put into collating this information, it makes for interesting reading.
Thank you.

tguntrader

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 01:17:42 pm »
Ken, I am a new member I just bought a new machine are should i say a new / old machine because of you prices It gave me some idea on what to pay. Please keep up good work. It is very important.

Thanks Tguntrader

ARTINCT

• Active Members
    • View Profile
    • Lithics Net
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 02:56:57 pm »
Kudos to NYKenn and keep up the great work....
I wish we could make the topic a STICKY and pin it to the top or perhaps make a sub forum for it.
Thanks Ken,
Art
Art In Connecticut

DDStraitwell

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 11:48:15 pm »
I am one of your newest members and don't quite know how to ask questions here. I have five complete Stars (one 38 only) and tool heads and shell plates for 30 Carbine, 380, 9mm,357mag,38spl,38 Super, 41 Mag,, 44 spl/Mag, 45 ACP/Auto Rim and 45 Colt. All are in excellent condition and used frequently (Love shooting).  As I'm 83 yrs young I know these may be for sale in the coming years. I would like to purchase an adjustable powder bar if someone is making them. I have two Star lubrisizers and a lot of dies but might like too buy another die - where??   who?? I'd be happy to talk to anyone about Star use - I've done everything wrong at least once. (Have a hole above one machine  telling me NOT to force the primer feed when it jams). Thanks for listening     DDStraitwell  [no e-mail]@.com

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 10:45:03 am »
Sounds like you have a nice collection of Star equipment.   If you are looking to buy or sell something, its best if you post your request in the Stars Want to Buy/Want to Sell Section.

Rich Daniels (barreltester) on this forum makes adjustable powder slides.  You can send him a Private Message via the forum.   Magma Engineering still makes the Star Lubesizer as well as new sizing dies.  You can buy directly from them.   If you are looking for a particular sizing die, you can post you request in the Want to Buy/Want to Sell area and maybe another member will have what you are looking for.

I hope you have many years of Star usage ahead of you.
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

Stillwater

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 05:20:40 pm »
I realize this is an old hread... And, I am new to this forum, however, I can see the value of having this service available...

Bill