Author Topic: Cartridge kicker  (Read 7794 times)

varmintpopper

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Cartridge kicker
« on: March 27, 2013, 12:50:21 am »
Have altered all my star reloader to this type kicker. works very well.

johnfreeman

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Cartridge kicker
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 06:36:21 am »
Can you summarize what you had to modify to implement this? A video would be great if you could post that.

John
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 06:39:20 am by johnfreeman »

varmintpopper

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 02:22:54 pm »
John
I used a Dremal grinder with a cutoff wheel to carefully cut away the railing on the base and then finished up with a file to remove material down to and flush with the base floor. (see Pic's)
Then drilled a hole slightly larger than the wire about 3/4 inch into the rail for the wire, (located as seen in the pic's)
Drilled and tapped a hole into the side of the rail to secure the wire in place with a 6-32 set screw.
Shaped the wire as shown, tested, re-bent the wire slightly until Cartidge exited properly.

I have modified four machines so far and have had no issues with thier operation.

Hope this  helped

Good Shooting

Lindy

Star73

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot Bullseye Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 04:35:23 am »
Varmintpopper,
I set my star up just as yours is a good many yrs ago. I use the setup yet when loading .45acp's.  Recently I have been loading more .38 Spl's so Iand reshaped the saftey cam to operate as a cartrige kicker.
Ron

varmintpopper

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 11:22:44 pm »
Ron
I got the Idea from a picture posted by FC60 on the forum. I tried it on one machine and it worked so well that I decided to change them all. they work well with all the cartridges that I'm set up to load, .38 spl, 357 mag, 40 S&W, .45 ACP, 44 spl and 44 mag. I have four machines and one extra head. and they work well with a taper crimp die in the last station.

Good Shooting

Lindy