Author Topic: Lubrisizer drawing  (Read 11858 times)

rocketman

• View Profile
Lubrisizer drawing
« on: April 15, 2005, 02:08:46 am »
I picked up a San Diego Star lubrisizer and was wondering if any one here had a schematic for the original Stars. I have the drawings for the Magma made lubrisizer, but they appear slighlty different as far as how the cap and center section are affixed to the lube reservoir.....
Thanks..

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
Lubrisizer drawing
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 02:33:46 am »
Stars went through several slight design changes over the years.  I have what must be one of their earliest, as well as one that must be one of their latest.  The latter one seems to be almost identical to the Magma machine.  The only change I can see in the Magma Machine is the addition of an O Ring at the bottom of the die chamber.  In any case, you can find a parts diagram for the original Star at http://www.starreloaders.com/manuals/Star%20Illustration%20and%20Parts%20List.pdf which is part of this site.

I have used Magma parts on one of my Stars.
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

rocketman

• View Profile
lubrisizer drawing
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 07:16:09 am »
Thanks for the link. Printed off nicely.

sunvale pete

• View Profile
Re: Lubrisizer drawing
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 10:10:09 pm »
This is a bit of topic. But I have a Star that is in need for some deserved maintenance. Needs cleaning and lubing. What's the best way to go about it. I have a tendency to take things apart and forget how to put things back together. Just how complex is the Star press to work on.
Thanks
sunvale pete
Still playing cowboys and indians