Author Topic: HELP!!!!! WITH STAR RELOADER  (Read 11076 times)

230eagle

• View Profile
HELP!!!!! WITH STAR RELOADER
« on: May 20, 2007, 12:33:13 am »
NEED HELP PLEASE!!!   I AM NEW TO MY STAR RELOADER FROM MAGMA AND AM HAVE MAJOR PROBLEMS(WANT TO THROW IT OUT).  OK HERE THE THE PROB, SIZING 45'S SET IT UP SO THE LUBE WILL GO INTO THE GROOVES, THAT WORKS FINE BUT WHAT DOESN'T IS THAT IT WILL WORK GOOD FOR 3-4 TIMES AND THEN ACTS LIKE THERE IS NOT LUBE, WILL NOT GO ALL THE AROUND.  UP THE PRESSURE TURN DOWN THE HEAT AND VISA/VERSA.  I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM DOING WRONG.  SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP

230eagle

• View Profile
Re: HELP!!!!! WITH STAR RELOADER
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 09:34:02 pm »
SO MANY VIEWS BUT NO REPLIES.  NOBODY HAVE PROBS THE STAR SIZER?  LET ME KNOW MAYBE IT'S JUST ME!
ERIK

Star73

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot Bullseye Master
    • View Profile
Re: HELP!!!!! WITH STAR RELOADER
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 01:03:05 pm »
Hi,

By 3-4 I presume you mean 3-4 bullets? If the the grooves aren't filled out either pressure or heat is needed. If the op handle & pres handle offers a lot of resistance the lube is prob too cold. If after setting a few mins 3 or 4 more bullets fill out, the heater is not be doing the job. Another pos is air pockets in the reservoir. This is usually accompanied by pops & spurts of lube when additional pres is applied & occurs after a lube refill then goes away.

I no longer run a luber-sizer & didn't have a heater so no exp w/ them. Except in hot summer weather a light bulb placed near the lube res was needed.  Once the the right heat is found you should get a good feel for it & operation should be trouble free. 

Lube type is a factor. The old formula soft lubes will get almost runny when overheated. The newer hard lubes common today and require more heat to soften enough to flow.

My last exp was prob 10 yrs ago but  remember what I used to do. Just can't remember what I did lately!

Good Luck!!

Ron H