Author Topic: WTB: Indexer  (Read 4883 times)

Follow Me

• Active Members
    • View Profile
WTB: Indexer
« on: February 27, 2020, 11:49:43 am »
Greetings to all,

Anybody have a complete and serviceable unit to sell?  Post me a note or text me at 70three-eight 6six-12eight 8.

Regards

Follow Me

“I am The Infantry, Queen of Battle. Follow Me”

ar dick harris

• Active Members
  • retired BE shooter
    • View Profile
Re: WTB: Indexer
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 01:12:14 pm »
To see the one I sold on this forum ,see last  pic of a Star 45 with indexer/case kicker installed.

an indexer and case kicker complicate the loading on the star, easier, maybe faster to remove the loaded case by the left hand and rotate the shell plate with the left 4/5th fingers immediately after grasping the loaded case. Easier done than it reads.

Loading on the star since 1958 without an indexer. Bought star #25(from Brandes) posted here with indexer/kicker installed, after recondioning machine... loaded 50 rounds, and don't think the two are worth installing and the expense, sold mine with no regrets...for just under $400 shipped.   

Ray Brandes, the one making this ...has ended production, he says!

Regards
A.R"Dick" Harris
559-432-2568

Follow Me

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 03:16:20 pm »
Mr Harris, Sir,

Thank you for your post. I certainly appreciate your assessment of the worth of an Indexer. And maybe you are right in that assessment, but I need to try it for myself.
I assume that you know that I purchased a “refurbished “ machine from Mr Williams about 8 months ago. It is my trophy machine and has pride of location amongst my other three Stars. None of the Stars have an Indexer and I have always wanted one. As my life is winding down, I just decided last week, that I better try to get one before I crap out so to speak. I don’t go to bars nor chase wild women and loading ammo keeps me off the streets.
BTW, you and another very influential member are of the same opinion. And I put a lot of stock in what you and he says. But still—-.
So, thank you
Regards
Follow Me

fng

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: WTB: Indexer - Hoyer Automatic Indexing Device
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 05:27:29 pm »
Good afternoon,

Here is a Hoyer Automatic Indexing Device, also 3 copies of same, they're available, $150 Hoyer, $75 per copy, +shpg, if that's fair.

Also here is a link to the original 1961 patent, you can download a pdf of the patent drawings and description here

www.freepatentsonline.com/3058387.html

Thanks,

fred gebbia

Follow Me

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 09:10:47 pm »
Greetings

Thank you for responding to my post.concerning an Indexer.
I do not recall seeing/hearing about a Hoyer Indexer in relation to a Star Reloader. Admittably, I have not been actively seeking an indexer so maybe that explains that. But anyway, do you have any photos of the Hoyer Indexer in operation. Sure would appreciate seeing them.
Thank you for the info and I believe that we can do a deal.
Regards
Follow Me

824tsv

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 08:22:06 am »
I've never heard of a Hoyer but that doesn't mean much. I can't make the pic's very big but they sure look like Brewster's

fng

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 09:31:54 am »
Sorry  I wasn't able to reply sooner,
 I don't have instructions or any pictures of the Hoyer in operation,
 Hopefully another member  can help with that, otherwise I will see if I can set it up and get pictures for you.  Will  also text you my cell number.
Thanks !

Fred gebbia

fng

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: WTB: Indexer - Hoyer mounting pics
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 02:32:41 pm »
hello Follow Me and Bruce,
here is the attachment for the Hoyer Indexer,
also emailed you each the full sized photos and video of operation,
Hoyer will go to Follow Me, the 3 Brewsters are going to the other gentleman who was referred

hope that helps,
thanks,

fred gebbia