Author Topic: Primer Feed Bolt  (Read 6805 times)

rehorne

• View Profile
Primer Feed Bolt
« on: April 18, 2011, 07:10:19 pm »
OK, I'm a newbie to this forum and I have used the search function but have been unable to locate the information I need.

Does anyone know the size and the thread pitch of the bolt that holds the primer mech to the base of the press. I have one that I think is original and one that is a replacement, The replacement has been cross threaded and forced into base.
I would like to chase the damaged threads and put the correct type bolt back in the machine.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Robert

MikeA

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Primer Feed Bolt
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 10:57:21 pm »
Robert,
There are two bolts holding the primer slide housing to the side of the steel floor base.
They are a socket head type that takes a 3/16 Allen wrench and are 1/4"x28 tpi.  Mine
measured just over 1/2" long to the base of the head.
Hope this helps.
Semper Fi.
MikeA.

rehorne

• View Profile
Re: Primer Feed Bolt
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 12:46:32 pm »
Hey Mike,
That's what I thought they were. Just wanted to make sure before I pulled a boneheaded stunt and screwed something up>

I do thank you for the information!!

Robert

Rolling Stone

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Primer Feed Bolt modification
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 03:48:47 pm »
The screw on the R. side where the angle lever cam is located, has a modified head on all of my machines. The socket head sticks out to far and interferes with the operation of the cam when it is lowered. Be careful of this. It looks to be a simple thing of reducing the thickness of the socket head by turning or grinding off the mouth of the socket until it clears. A small amount like 1/16" or so, hardly back to the brass casting. It is enough to make the difference in the two screws noticeable.
RS