Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Loading Data & Reloading Procedures / Re: Powder Check
« Last post by Long Recoil on Yesterday at 07:47:38 pm »
Checking to see if powder dropped is sort of a Dillon thing.   At least that's what I here.

;D

Hilarious

--Wade
« Last post by rbwillnj on Yesterday at 11:58:52 am »
Checking to see if powder dropped is sort of a Dillon thing.   At least that's what I here.
« Last post by Scott L on Yesterday at 11:32:08 am »
My presses are mounted 90 degrees clockwise, which enables me to see into the case after the powder drop.
Press lever in left hand and bullets in right hand.
« Last post by NYKenn on Yesterday at 10:10:03 am »
I have never had an issue about whether powder is dropping, just whether the amount of the drop is correct.
The design and function of how the Star powder drop works, practically eliminates that concern, as long as you maintain powder in the tube.

When I first start, I cycle and weigh at least 5 drops, then check 5th and 10th charge for accuracy and consistency.  After that every 50.

In my opinion, I have sufficient ambient light from overhead, and feel I do not require a dedicated press light.

I do however, verify powder is present in my Dillon 550.
Hope this helps.

Loading Data & Reloading Procedures / Powder Check
« Last post by Long Recoil on Yesterday at 08:50:49 am »
By what method and what frequency do you gents confirm powder drop?

I simply look over the case before seating every bullet.  I'm not going for max speed.  I do want to set up a mirror and light.  I've never seen a missed charge through the few hundred rounds with my Universal and Progressive in the few weeks I've had them. 

If you have mirror or camera set ups please share pics.

Wade
Stars Want to Sell/Want to Buy / WTB: Angle Lever Cam #49 -OR- Progressive tool head
« Last post by 2150 on January 25, 2023, 09:03:39 am »
I would like to buy two (2) Angle Lever Cams, part # 49, for the Progressive model machine. These are the "lesser" Stars most often tooled for .38 Special and use a different cam than the Universal. The cam levers can be used items. Thanks for any replies.

January 27, 2023:
      Does anyone have a Progressive tool head to sell with the the proper angle lever?
      Thanks/
Star Reloaders / Re: Text Files
« Last post by brian_a_mcmillen on January 18, 2023, 06:11:18 pm »
I just checked and the PDFs are still available at that link!
Stars Want to Sell/Want to Buy / Re: WTB: Maurilew Powder drain
« Last post by Long Recoil on January 16, 2023, 01:21:35 pm »
I emailed you Bruce.  Thanks!!
« Last post by rbwillnj on January 16, 2023, 12:36:46 pm »
Last time I talked to him he was in his 90's and still going strong, but that was a while ago.

I do have a couple of his units. available.    Star slightly changed their powder slide housings over the years and the Maurilew powder drains do not fit all powder slide housings.

Bruce Williams
« Last post by Long Recoil on January 16, 2023, 12:14:23 pm »
Yeah and no email replies.  Not a great sign.  His work looks great.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10